Work hard. What does it even mean? We still don't know, despite hearing it a million times. So here it is.
- It doesn't mean free overtime
- It doesn't mean you burn yourself out
- It doesn't mean working during your day off
- It doesn't mean complete dedication to your job
- It doesn't mean quietly putting up with everything
- It doesn't mean you are giving up your private life for work duties
- It doesn't mean that you prioritise a presentation while your child is in hospital
It means that you deliver the targets and the performance the company has hired you for. Why? Because if they get that right, targets and required performance are hard but realistic to achieve.
This is what hard work means. This is what should pay off, nothing else.